Blog by : Saud Ahmed
Google’s Gmail is a standout amongst the most broadly utilized methods for online correspondence with more than 1 billion month to month dynamic clients. Because of its expanded ubiquity and simple openness around the world, Gmail’s records are very powerless against programmers. Be that as it may, this doesn’t really imply that Google has not made its administration secure from programmers or it’s anything but a scrambled system. Unexpectedly, here we are increasingly worried about the clients’ records who don’t take careful steps while they make a record or begin utilizing it.
Before diving into the subtleties of how an individual can recoup his hacked Gmail account, let us give you a short review of what safety efforts you should take before making a Gmail record or how you can apply them on effectively made records.
Steps to increase your Gmail account’s security
- Always use strong passwords in a manner that they must include number, symbols and upper/lower case letters and must change it once a month.
- Must enable 2-step verification and link account with a phone number, which means that whenever you will sign in from a new device a text will be sent to your phone number, so you have to add that code in order to log in.
- Complete all the security checks which appear in the beginning while making a new account.
- Enable the HTTPS security by getting into browser’s Setting and click on Browser’s connection and ensure the checkmark of “Always use HTTPS”
- Update your Desktop or Mobile browser regularly so that it remains patched for latest security updates to keep it protected from vulnerabilities.
- You should regularly check device activity in order to see which devices have accessed your account. If you find any suspicious activity then change your account’s password and log out from every device.
Well, in case if your Gmail account has already been hacked or you have forgotten your password and looking for help here, here’s how you can probably get it back.
Steps to recover your Gmail account
- Visit the account recovery page by following this link.
- If you have forgotten your password, try answering different questions.
- The questions and answers are those which you might have selected at the time of setting up this account.
- If you have added an alternative email or a phone number to the account it can also be used to recover your account.
- You will receive a Gmail’s recovery code on mobile/email to restore your account
Google account recovery is very simple and there’s probably no point that you can’t get your Gmail account back unless you are having a bad luck. Google itself notes that even “if you try multiple times, it won’t hurt your chances of recovering your account”. There are three main conditions for account recovery that Google has mentioned on its recovery page and these are;
- Someone changed your account information, like your recovery phone number or email
- Someone deleted your account
- You can’t sign in for another reason
Gmail account is very important to recover if it’s hacked because it can even cost you the loss of other Google services like Google Play and YouTube or even other social accounts like Facebook and Twitter. You can further look into this Help Page to get more info on account recovery.